December 19, 2013  8:57AM   Meta Pettus

WASHINGTON (WUSA9) — D.C. Fire officials say a man and a woman were transported to a hospital for treatment in a carbon monoxide incident on Thursday morning.

According to officials, D.C. Fire received a call of possible food poisoning at a house in the 3900 block of Benton St NW at 2:31 a.m.

When crews arrived 2:37 a.m., they arrived to find high levels of carbon monoxide in the house, say fire officials.

The man and woman with life-threatening conditions were transported to the hospital, according to officials. Two children were also  transported but no treatment was needed, say officials.

Problem:  unknown