by WCNC.com Staff
Posted on December 29, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Updated Sunday, Dec 29 at 12:17 PM
MOORESVILLE, N.C. — Four people were hospitalized with symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning after an issue with a furnace.
Mooresville Fire and Rescue responded to a home in the 400 block of West Center Avenue Sunday morning on reports of carbon monoxide poisoning.
The four occupants of the home were advised by dispatch to immediately vacate the dwelling. Officials say the occupants were notified of the gas by their carbon monoxide detector. All four occupants were taken to Lake Norman Regional Medical Center for treatment.
Gas company, PSNC, was called to the scene to further investigate. Officials say the issue was located with the furnace inside the home. Mooresville Fire and Rescue would like to remind citizens that CO detectors and smoke detectors save lives!
4 hospitalized in carbon monoxide leak
- Kaena Pt. accident may highlight dangers of carbon monoxide
- Will Your Detector Protect You From Carbon Monoxide?
- 4 family members likely died of CO poisoning, Idaho coroner says
- Seven hospitalized in carbon monoxide incident at Ogunquit resort
- New details on Arcadia carbon monoxide incident that sickened 13