http://connecticut.news12.com/news/bridgeport-family-safe-after-carbon-monoxide-leak-on-lakeside-avenue-1.6692218

Originally published: December 30, 2013 8:38 AM
Updated: December 30, 2013 2:22 PM

BRIDGEPORT – Officials say a Bridgeport family is lucky to have escaped a carbon monoxide leak in their home.

Firefighters were called to the home on Lakeside Avenue after carbon monoxide alarms went off just after midnight.

Sashanna Moore, her 2-year-old son Matthew and her mother Valerie experienced lightheadedness and dizziness. They had been suffering from headaches with no obvious cause.

Firefighters say the boiler had been leaking carbon monoxide and that the levels were deadly. The family will have to stay out of the house until the landlord replaces the boiler.

Officials say calls about carbon monoxide probably triple or quadruple this time of year. They urge residents to install several detectors in their homes.