Written by Media Sources // Thursday, 26 December 2013 21:30 //
SHREVEPORT — A man and woman found dead inside a southwest Shreveport home on Christmas morning have been identified, and the Caddo Parish coroner’s office says preliminary autopsy results indicate they died of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Authorities identified the victims as Robert T. Phillips, 41, and Amie M. Duck, 38.
Authorities said a friend called police when nobody answered the phone or door at the couple’s house. Police did not find any indication of foul play.
The Shreveport Fire Department said there was a gas-powered generator in the house. The generator was found in the kitchen with an extension cord to an electric space heater in the bedroom. Exhaust fumes had filled the home.
Neighbors say the couple had recently moved in.
The final cause of death will be released after the investigation is complete.