December 25, 2013

LANSING — A 58-year-old Clinton County man died Tuesday from carbon monoxide poisoning, one of three such incidents to be reported in the Lansing area since last weekend’s ice storm.
Emergency crews were called to an address in Eagle Township about 10:05 a.m. and found the man, his wife and their two children suffering from carbon monoxide exposure, the Clinton County Sheriff’s Office said in a news release.

All four victims were taken to Sparrow Hospital. The homeowner died as a result of the exposure. The other three victims were treated and released.

Authorities said the carbon monoxide gas originated from a gas-powered generator in the attached garage. The incident remains under investigation by the sheriff’s department and the Delta Township Fire Department.