December 16, 2013

By Elizabeth Keatinge – bio | email
RUTLAND, Vt. -A carbon monoxide scare at a home in Rutland Friday morning.

At about 6:30 a.m. firefighters were called to a residence on North Main Street after a carbon monoxide alarm went off.

Fire officials say they did find unsafe levels of carbon monoxide in the home and determined it was due to a faulty furnace.

Everyone in the home got out when the alarm sounded and no one was injured.

State law requires that all buildings where people sleep in Vermont be equipped with CO detectors.