By Tiffany Walden, Orlando Sentinel
12:32 p.m. EST, November 26, 2013

The exhaust fumes from a running car in a garage knocked a man unconscious in his Seminole County home, officials said.

The man’s wife called 911 when her husband blacked out from inhaling carbon monoxide from the car inside their garage, Seminole County deputies said.

The car was left running by mistake, according to Seminole County Sheriff’s spokeswoman Heather Smith.

The 88-year-old man, and his 86-year-old wife, were taken to Florida Hospital south campus. They are expected to survive.