MERRILLVILLE, Ind. (CBS)– A family of four was found dead Wednesday evening in their new home in Merrillville, Ind., after apparently succumbing to carbon monoxide poisoning.

Police officers were called to a home in the 800 block of West 70th Avenue around 5:30 p.m. Wednesday to conduct a well-being check, after relatives called to say they hadn’t heard from the family since Saturday. Officers found the family dead inside the house.

Purnell’s mother went over to the home Wednesday, after a supervisor at Purnell’s job had called her because Purnell had not shown up to work.

The Lake County Coroner’s office identified the victims as 41-year-old Michael Nichols, 38-year-old Kennetha Purnell, their 13-year-old son Matthew Nichols, and 11-year-old daughter Morgan Nichols. Police said they believe all four died from carbon monoxide poisoning.