Car left running in garage of house on New Texas Road

Published  2:31 PM EDT Jun 20, 2013
PLUM, Pa. —A woman was overcome by fumes and died after a car was accidentally left running in her garage on Wednesday, Plum police said.The death of 66-year-old Mary Harris was ruled an accident as the result of carbon monoxide poisoning, according to the Allegheny County Medical Examiner’s Office.

Her husband, 67-year-old Gary Harris, was taken to a hospital because of the fumes at the couple’s home on New Texas Road. He was last reported to be in good condition.

Police Chief Frank Monaco said the Harrises were found unconscious in the house by their daughter who went there to check on them.