http://www.firehouse.com/news/10910315/seven-people-sickened-by-co-in-chicago-building

Deanese Williams-Harris
Chicago Tribune
Created: March 27, 2013

Chicago firefighters took a reading of 300 parts per million of carbon monoxide in an apartment building where seven people were sick and taken to local hospitals for treatment.

Seven people were taken to area hospitals tonight due to high carbon monoxide readings at an apartment building in the city’s Logan Square neighborhood.

About 8 p.m., an EMS Plan One was called at the building at 2631 N. Springfield Ave., according to Fire Media information. When firefighters arrived, a measurement of carbon monoxide was taken and registered at 300 parts per million, officials said.

Seven people were taken in good condition to Saint Mary Of Nazareth Hospital Center and Norwegian-American Hospital, officials said.

As of 8:30 p.m., the scene was secured and the building’s heating system was shut down. Peoples Gas was on the scene, officals said.

dawilliams@tribune.com

Problem: unspecified