http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/fae685d65da6410fb5419a0ae68931b7/MN–Springfield-Two-Dead

Updated 12/30/13

Autopsies find 2 Minn. roommates died of carbon monoxide poisoning; deaths ruled accidental

SPRINGFIELD, Minnesota — An autopsy report says two men found dead in a south-central Minnesota farmhouse last week died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

The Brown County sheriff’s office said Monday a damper on the furnace of the rural Springfield home was not functioning properly.

Authorities say the father of one of men called 911 at about 1:40 p.m. Friday. Upon arriving, deputies found 30-year-old Nathan Potter and 23-year-old Adam Jensen unresponsive. They were roommates.

The medical examiner has ruled the deaths accidental.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/12/21/sheriff-2-dead-from-carbon-monoxide-poisoning-in-brown-county/

December 21, 2013 2:44PM

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – Authorities said the bodies of two people were found Friday inside a rural farmhouse in Brown County, and carbon monoxide is suspected in their deaths.

The Brown County Sheriff’s Office said the father of one of the victims called authorities to the home on 410th Avenue at about 1:40 p.m. Friday in the southwestern Minnesota town of Springfield. When authorities arrived, they found the bodies of two adult men unresponsive inside the home. They were pronounced dead at the scene.

Authorities said autopsy results are still pending, but it appears the deaths were caused by carbon monoxide poisoning. The victims have been identified as 30-year-old Nathan Scott Potter and 23-year-old Adam Lloyd Philip Jensen.

The Brown County Sheriff’s Office was assisted at the scene by Springfield Police and the Springfield Fire Department among other agencies.

Problem:  defective furnace.