December 26, 2013, 1:35 pm
MONTPELIER, Vt. (AP) — The Vermont State Police have released the identity of the Albany man who died of carbon monoxide poisoning from generator fumes after his home lost power.
Police say 60-year-old Mitchell Rowell died Monday as the result of accidental carbon monoxide poisoning.
Troopers were called to Rowell’s home on Monday morning where he was found dead with a generator running to provide electricity after he’d lost power in the ice storm.
Tens of thousands of Vermont homes lost power in the storm. As of Thursday afternoon, there are still about 1,200 customers without power, the vast majority in Franklin County.
Vt. police identify man killed by carbon monoxide
- Kaena Pt. accident may highlight dangers of carbon monoxide
- Will Your Detector Protect You From Carbon Monoxide?
- 4 family members likely died of CO poisoning, Idaho coroner says
- Seven hospitalized in carbon monoxide incident at Ogunquit resort
- New details on Arcadia carbon monoxide incident that sickened 13