http://www.cbs58.com/news/local-news/Lake-Delton-hotel-closed-following-carbon-monoxide-leak-211693571.html

by Tiffany Shepherd
Story Created: Jun 15, 2013
Story Updated: Jun 15, 2013

LAKE DELTON—A hot spot for tourists turned into a hot spot for firefighters.For the second weekend in a row a Wisconsin Dells hotel had to be evacuated.
This time it was because of a carbon monoxide leak at the Travel Lodge Hotel in Lake Delton . Nine people were taken to hospitals for treatment.Once safe air readings were reached, after the gas was shut off and the building was ventilated, guests were allowed to retrieve their belongings.

The hotel is currently closed until further notice.

 


 

Carbon monoxide leak sickens hotel guests

Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Sentinel
June 15, 2013

A malfunctioning hot tub heater caused a carbon monoxide leak at a Lake Delton hotel late Friday that hospitalized at least nine people.

Six people were treated and released from St. Clare Hospital in Baraboo, and three were transferred to Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center in Milwaukee for further treatment.

Travelodge Wisconsin Dells, 350 W. Munroe Ave., will be closed pending further investigation, according to a statement from the Delton Fire Department.

Amanda Antes, who works the front desk at the hotel, said Travelodge employees are calling all of their guests to reroute them to other hotels in the area. The Salvation Army also responded Friday night to assist guests.