Kaena Pt. accident may highlight dangers of carbon monoxide
khon2.com, on Mon, 10 Mar 2014 21:48:22 -0700

Investigators believe carbon monoxide may have filled a stranded Jeep at Kaena Point Saturday afternoon, leaving the two people inside in critical condition. Read the rest of this entry…..


CBS Local, on Tue, 25 Feb 2014 19:56:15 -0800
(CBS) – With enough exposure carbon monoxide can be deadly. We saw that last month in an Oak Brook home where one man died and seven women were sickened after a CO leak. When firefighters got there, levels were already at 1,000 parts per million. Read the rest of this entry…..

4 family members likely died of CO poisoning, Idaho coroner says
Mon, 24 Feb 2014 19:54

POCATELLO, Idaho — Four people were found dead in their home Sunday night from what appears to have been carbon monoxide poisoning.

Relatives went to check on Bill and Ross Parrish and their youngest sons, 14-year old Keegan and 12-year old Liam, after they failed to attend a traditional Sunday dinner. Read the rest of this entry…..

Seven hospitalized in carbon monoxide incident at Ogunquit resort …

Monday, February 24 2014, 06:45 PM EST

OGUNQUIT (WGME) — A carbon monoxide leak at an Ogunquit resort sent seven people to the hospital Sunday morning.

Ogunquit fire officials told CBS 13 seven people were taken to the hospital after the leak was discovered at Inn Seasons Resorts The Falls at Ogunquit, located at 639 Main St. Read the rest of this entry…..

New details on Arcadia carbon monoxide incident that sickened 13
WXOW.com, on Sun, 23 Feb 2014 22:28:13 -0800

ARCADIA, Wis. (WXOW) – UPDATE: We are learning more information about a carbon monoxide incident that sickened 13 people including a sheriff’s deputy and two EMT’s. Read the rest of this entry…..


Man dies, dozens hospitalized after carbon monoxide leak at New York mall
CNN, on Sat, 22 Feb 2014 22:40:23 -0800

New York (CNN) — A restaurant manager died and one of his employees remained hospitalized after inhaling carbon monoxide at a Long Island mall, authorities said Sunday.

Another 26 people were treated and released after the incident, according to hospitals. Read the rest of this entry…..


Feb 19, 2014 12:41 AM EST

Three people died and a fourth was taken to a Boston hospital because of a carbon monoxide problem at a Plaistow home, officials said.  Fire officials said they were called to 5 Center Circle about 11:30 a.m. for a well-being check. They found one woman and two men unconscious and unresponsive. Read the rest of this entry…..


February 17, 2014 4:26 PM  –  Rochelle Ritchie

LINTHICUM HEIGHTS, Md. (WJZ) — Dozens are evacuated from a hotel near BWI after elevated carbon monoxide levels are detected.

Anne Arundel County fire officials say the CO leak was caused by a faulty flue assembly on a water heater, which was located in one of the hotel’s laundry rooms. Read the rest of this entry…..


6abc.com, on Thu, 06 Feb 2014 18:52:58

HORSHAM, Pa. – February 6, 2014 (WPVI) — Four people are hospitalized after a carbon monoxide incident in Montgomery County.  It happened just after 9:00 p.m. Thursday in the unit block of Logger Mill Road. Read the rest of this entry…..


NUjournal, on Mon, 27 Jan 2014 21:37:30 -0800
By DONNA WEBER – News Editor , The Journal

NEW ULM – Arnold Schweiss of New Ulm says working is what keeps him alive.

At age 93, Schweiss learned Monday morning that recognizing the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning kept himself, his wife and stepson Steve Harder alive.

An early morning telephone call from a relative in Ohio got Schweiss out of bed. The caller informed Schweiss of a death in the family.

Read the rest of this entry…..